Adventure outdoors for amazing fun in the Wine Country. Zipline through the redwoods trees at Sonoma Canopy Tours. This is located in the Sonoma Wine Country.
Soar from tree to tree with panoramic views of ancient Redwoods, deep rocky ravines, and crystal-clear creeks. Fly through the air with speeds up to 25 miles per hour on the fastest zip lines for an exhilarating experience you will never forget. The longest zipline is over 800 feet long.
The two to three hour guided tour includes seven zip lines, swaying bridges, sky bridges, and unforgettable views of the forest surrounding you. Exit the course by repelling down a tree to the forest floor. This really is a once in a lifetime experience!
However, you will be tempted to return as they have two unique courses: a beginners course and a challenger course. Book the 9 PM departure time to soar under the stars at night. It’s a thrilling adventure outdoors in the dark.
Wear a helmet, gloves, and a specially designed harness. No experience is required. Travel with well trained certified guides as you zip from one tree to the next.
Your confidence builds as you begin with the easiest zip lines and progress to those more challenging. Zipliners must be 10 years of age or older and weight 70 pounds or more. Maximum weight is 250 pounds.
Reservations are required. Group discounts are available for groups of eight or more. Rates are cheaper during the week.
Adventure Outdoors – Contact Information
Sonoma Canopy Tours
Address: 6250 Bohemian Highway, Occidental, CA 95465
Sonoma Canopy Tours is a 30 minute drive west of Santa Rosa.
1. Drive west on Highway 12.
2. Turn right at the light onto Fulton Avenue.
3. Turn left at the light onto Occidental Road. Continue on Occidental Road to the town of Occidental.
4. At the stop sign take a slight right onto Hill Street.
5. Turn right onto the Bohemian Highway.
6. Continue north on the Bohemian Highway for 2.2 miles to your destination, which will be on the left. Turn into the driveway, park, and check in at the Sonoma Canopy Tour Tent.
Tip: Cell phone service is extremely limited in this area.
Have you gone ziplining for fun outdoor adventures? If you have, please share your zip lining experiences in the comment section below.