This Chicken Marsala recipe creates a delicious chicken meal that is sure to be a favorite. Simmered in a Marsala wine sauce rich with mushrooms, this is a delightful dish. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
Wine Pairing for this Chicken Marsala recipe: A California Pinot Noir would be the perfect pairing for Chicken Marsala. Cambria Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir would be a terrific choice. This is a dry, silky Pinot Noir with flavors of black cherry and raspberries and hints of cinnamon and vanilla. The velvety texture is a delight. Other Pinot Noirs to consider that would also be great include Giant Steps Sexton Vineyard Pinot Noir from Yarra Valley, Australia and Lincourt Lindsay’s Pinot Noir from California’s Central Coast.
Ingredients for Chicken Marsala:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
3 slices chopped bacon
8 ounces mushrooms
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup Swansons chicken broth
2 T butter
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 clove minced garlic
Fresh sliced or shaved mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Chicken Marsala:
1. Flatten chicken breasts by covering with plastic wrap and pounding with a meat mallet until they are only about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Put 1/2 cup of flour in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until the oil is hot.
4. Coat both sides of the chicken pieces with flour, shaking the excess off into the bowl.
5. Fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Lower the heat to medium, fry bacon pieces in frying pan for a few minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and minced garlic and saute for approximately 5 minutes until brown and moisture has evaporated.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add Marsala to the pan and cook for 30-60 seconds to cook out the alcohol.
10. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 1 minute.
11. Add the butter. Place chicken back into the pan.
12. Simmer mixture to heat the chicken.
13. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chopped parsley.
14. Serve with fresh sliced or shaved mozzarella cheese.
Recommended Desserts to Serve>
Browse our delicious desserts for something you’d want to serve along with the chicken marsala. How does these desserts sound? Click Here to learn more about these desserts and get the recipes.
Warm Raspberry Muscat Sauce
Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Appetizers to Start With
Check out the best appetizers to begin your meal with. Favorite appetizers that people will love. Click Here to learn more about these appetizers and get the recipes.
Steak Teriyaki Strips
Best Tri-Tip Barbecue
Stuffed Mushrooms (Cheese)
Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
Wine is always a great choice to pair with food. If you’re in the mood for something else, consider these fun choices. Click on the links below to learn more about each beverage and to get the recipes.