This chicken in red wine sauce has amazing flavors and is sure to be a new favorite. Serve with the Best Ever Garlic Bread recipe that follows for a meal you will not forget!
Ingredients for Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons flour
3 slices bacon
8 oz. package of fresh button mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Pinot Noir
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
sea salt, to taste
Instructions for Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
1. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with flour.
2. Microwave the pearl onions and 2 Tablespoons of water for 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
4. Place chicken breasts in the same skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on both sides to brown the outside of the breasts. Set aside.
5. Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes to soften. Add crumbled bacon, Pinot Noir wine, chicken broth, tomato paste, thyme, freshly ground pepper, and sea salt. Stir to combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes until sauce reaches the desired thickness.
6. Add chicken breasts to the skillet. Simmer. Adjust seasonings. Serve over garlic mashed potatoes or your favorite pasta.
Best Ever Garlic Bread Recipe
Ingredients for Garlic Bread
1 sour dough loaf of bread, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup soften butter
3/4 cup light mayonaise
3 green onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Salad Supreme (purchase in the Spices section), optional
Instructions for Garlic Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Spread onto both halves of the bread loaf.
4. Set the halves on top of each other. Slice. If desired, sprinkle lightly with Salad Supreme.
5. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil. Bake in oven until nice and hot. Approximately 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve.
You will love this Chicken in Red Wine Sauce served with the Best Garlic Bread Ever!
For those of you who enjoy great food, check out these recipes from Cheers-2-Wine – Cooking With Wine Recipes
Consider this incredible Chocolate Cake Recipe for dessert.