This crab stuffed mushrooms recipe creates an elegant appetizer that is perfect to serve for family or friends. They are so tasty that they disappear quickly. Plan on 2 or 3 mushrooms for each guest you are expecting.
Wine Pairing: A nice dry Pinot Gris would be perfect with these stuffed mushrooms. Consider a nice Pinot Gris Acrobat or King Estate in Oregon. These wines are light and crispy with flavors of almond, lemon, and vanilla. Another great choice would be Greywacke Pinot Gris from Marlborough, New Zealand. This medium-bodied wine has a touch of sweetness, a nice creamy texture and a long, delightful finish. Any of these great wines would pair well with these stuffed mushrooms.
Ingredients for crabbed stuffed mushrooms:
3 tablespoons margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup cooked crabmeat
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup dry white wine
Instructions for crabbed stuffed mushrooms:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with soft margarine on bottom and sides.
3. Combine garlic, green onions, crabmeat, cream cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
4. Remove stems from the mushrooms. Rub mushrooms around inside the buttered pan to coat with butter.
5. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and top each with a small amount of monterey jack cheese. Pour wine over mushrooms in the pan.
6. Bake until the filling is melted, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you’re having a party, make it easier for yourself by preparing the stuffing for the mushrooms in advance. Freeze this mixture. On the day of the party, thaw and stuff the fresh mushrooms and baked as directed. Entertaining is less stressful if you do as much as possible beforehand. It’s best to pop them in the oven after your guests have arrived and serve hot from the oven.
Try More Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine – CLICK HERE
Have you tried this crab stuffed mushrooms recipe? If you have, please take a moment to tell us what you thought. We would love to hear from you in the comment section below.