This Osso Bucco Recipe makes the most delicious meal. Serve this special dish for a memorable dinner party or family meal. Everyone is sure to love this dish.
The meat is so tender that it is falling off the bone. It tastes amazing. This is a recipe that always gets rave reviews from everyone. If you are looking for the best Osso Bucco recipe, this is it!
We would suggest a Pinot Noir such as Acacia Pinot Noir. Enjoy rich flavors of strawberries and raspberries and a lush texture. A wonderful reasonably priced Pinot Noir. Other Pinots to consider would include Calera Central Coast Pinot Noir from the Central Coast of California. Bethel Heights Estate Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley of Oregon is also a great choice.Trying to decide which wine should be served with a particular meal does not have to be a difficult decision. Check out the Easy Guide to Pairing Food and Wine. This guide will give you information to get you started with wine and food pairing. There are things to consider when pairing wine with food. However, the most important consideration is to drink a wine you enjoy!
Ingredients for Osso Bucco Recipe:
1 medium onion sliced into thin rings
1 cup each of chopped celery and carrots
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon each of ground pepper, dried basil, and thyme
6 cross-cut veal shanks (6 to 8 oz. each)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Pinot Noir
1 cup chicken broth
16 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, with the liquid
Instructions for Osso Bucco Recipe:
1. Saute onion, celery, carrots, and bay leaf in butter for five minutes.
2. Stir in lemon and remove from heat. Set aside.br>3. Mix flour with seasonings. Roll meat in flour and shake off excess flour.
4. Brown meat on both sides in olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Cover with a lid over medium heat.
5. Add wine. Bring to a boil.
6. Cover and bake in a 375 degree oven until meat is tender. This will take about 1 hour.
7. Remove bay leaf. Place meat on a platter.
8. On high heat, reduce the sauce in pan by one third. Stir frequently. Ladle over meat and serve.
If you have tried this Osso Bucco Recipe, please tell us how it turned out. Leave a comment in the section below to share your cooking experience with us.