15 Ways to Have Fun on a San Luis Obispo Vacation
1. Check out the Farmer’s Market happening on Thursday evenings from 6-9 PM on Higuera Street in downtown SLO. Enjoy live music, food, entertainment, fresh produce, arts and crafts.
2. Walk to the end of the Pismo Pier to enjoy stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Watch the fishermen reel in their catches. Poles and equipment are available for rent if you want to give it a try yourself.
3. Hike to the top of Bishop’s Peak for a panoramic view of Morro Bay, the Pacific Ocean, Cal Poly, and surrounding hills. It’s a short day hike; 4 miles total up and down.
4. Experience vaudeville at The Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville located in Oceano since 1975. Popular with locals and with visitors here for a San Luis Obispo vacation.
5. Rent an ATV to explore the Oceano Dunes in Pismo. It’s a blast! You can also reserve a seat on a Hummer and be driven through the dunes by an experienced driver.
6. Play volleyball on the beach at either Pismo Beach or Avila Beach.
7. Taste the award winning clam chowder at the popular Splash Café. The original café is located in Pismo Beach, but locations have since opened in San Luis Obispo. It’s the place to go for the best Clam Chowder!
8. Soak in an outdoor hot mineral tub at Sycamore Mineral Springs where you can also pamper yourself with a massage or other spa treatment. Outdoor tubs are available by the hour. If you book a room, you’ll have your own private tub on the patio just outside your room.
9. If you are 21 or older, go wine tasting at the many wineries located in and around San Luis Obispo.
10. Enjoy a beach bonfire at Olde Port Beach in Avila.
11. Enjoy a round of golf at one of the scenic and challenging golf courses in the area. If you’re a golfer, there are many courses to choose from on a San Luis Obispo vacation.
12. Go kayaking at Morro Bay. Rent a kayak and enjoy a guided tour of the Bay.
13. Camp under the stars at Pismo State Beach or Morro Bay State Beach. Or, drive your car onto Ocean Dunes and pitch a tent right next to your vehicle.
14. Treat yourself to breakfast at the historic Madonna Inn This unique inn is known for its fabulous breakfast. Take a peek into the men’s bathroom. They have an unusual urinal that is something of a tourists’ attraction!
15. Saddle up and go horse back riding. Wranglers at the Madonna Inn offer guided trail rides seven days a week.