This sauteed mushrooms recipe makes the most scrumptious mushrooms. This is a great dish to serve with steak or chicken or for a brunch. A personal favorite!
Wine Pairing: Use the same sparkling wine used in cooking these mushrooms to serve with your meal. You’ll find lovely wines in all price ranges that will work well in this mushroom dish. Select a sparkler that you will enjoy such as J Vineyards & Winery’s NV Cuvee, Noceto Moscato Frivolo, or Domaine Ste. Michele NV Brut. Another wine that pairs well with these sauteed mushrooms is Pinot Noir. Try the elegant Adelsheim Pinot Noir from the Williamette Valley of Oregon. I love the ripe cherry flavors of this Pinot.
Ingredients for this sauteed mushrooms recipe:
6 tablespoons margarine or butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds mushrooms (cleaned and stemmed)
1 1/2 cups Brut Champagne or sparkling wine
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for sauteed mushrooms:
1. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat in a frying pan.
2. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes to brown.
4. Pour in the sparkling wine and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more if desired to suit your taste.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the butter which will slightly thicken sauce.
8. You can serve as an appetizer with toothpicks if desired.
If you are a fan of mushrooms, you will love this simple, easy to make recipe. I make it often and am never disappointed. It’s a wonderful dish and a good excuse to enjoy a nice sparkling wine or Pinot Noir!