Not One, But Two Incredible Recipes
Learn how to make stuffed mushrooms with a delicious stuffed mushrooms recipe. The first recipe is a family favorite that is quick and easy using cheese and flavorful spices. The second recipe uses crab, cheese, and seasonings to stuff the mushrooms. Both recipes make an incredible appetizer for a party or dinner.
Prepare the mushrooms earlier in the day and refrigerate until your guests arrive. Pop into the oven for a few minutes for a delicious treat hot from the oven. If you are having a large party, be sure to double the recipe.
Warning . . . These mushrooms will go quickly!
Pinot Noir is always a good wine choice to serve with mushrooms. Use your favorite Pinot as an ingredient and to serve with the dish. I often cook these mushrooms using Eyrie Pinot Noir Estate from the Willamette Valley of Oregon or a DeLoach Russian River Pinot from Sonoma County.
Recipe #1 – Quick & Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
These mushrooms are filled with a mixture of Monterey Jack Cheese, crackers, and spices. They are quick to make. At parties they are always a big hit. They disappear quickly and everyone wants the recipe.
1 pound mushrooms
3 Tablespoons melted butter
8 Tablespoons soft butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
6 Tablespoons of shredded Jack cheese
4 Tablespoons of Pinot Noir
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2/3 cup finely crushed cracker crumbs
1. Remove stems from mushrooms.
2. Brush mushrooms with melted butter.
3. Mix together the soft butter, garlic, and cheese.
4. Add wine, soy sauce, and cracker crumbs and blend to make a paste.
5. Fill mushrooms with this mixture.
6. Set in a baking pan and broil for about 3 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Recipe #2- Stuffed Mushrooms With Crab
This crab stuffed mushrooms recipe creates an elegant appetizer that is perfect to serve for family or friends. They are so tasty that they disappear quickly. Plan on 2 or 3 mushrooms for each guest you are expecting.
Ingredients for crabbed stuffed mushrooms:
3 tablespoons margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup cooked crabmeat
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup dry white wine
Instructions for crabbed stuffed mushrooms:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with soft margarine on bottom and sides.
3. Combine garlic, green onions, crabmeat, cream cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
4. Remove stems from the mushrooms. Rub mushrooms around inside the buttered pan to coat with butter.
5. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and top each with a small amount of monterey jack cheese. Pour wine over mushrooms in the pan.
6. Bake until the filling is melted, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you’re having a party, make it easier for yourself by preparing the stuffing for the mushrooms in advance. Freeze this mixture. On the day of the party, thaw and stuff the fresh mushrooms and baked as directed. Entertaining is less stressful if you do as much as possible beforehand. It’s best to pop them in the oven after your guests have arrived and serve hot from the oven.
Do you have favorite stuffed mushrooms recipe? Please share them below.
Tips for Pairing Wine With Food – CLICK HERE –Trying to decide which wine should be served with a particular food can be a tricky thing. The bottom line is that a person should drink whatever wine they like to drink. However, there are some basic guidelines that you might want to try. Certain wines can enhance the flavor of a meal. Learn the basic guidelines for pairing wine with food. Give it a try and see what you think!