This authentic lasagna recipe is a long-time family favorite. Serve with a tossed green salad and garlic bread. This is a dish that is easy to make ahead, freeze, and bake later. I try to always have a batch or two of this lasagna in the freezer.
The rich wine flavored sauce along with three different types of cheese creates the best lasagna. The sauce simmers slowly to bring out all of the flavors in the dish. Use fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh parmesan for a truly world class dish! If you have left-overs, the lasagna tastes even better the next day.
Wine Pairing with this authentic Lasagna Recipe: Lasagna is an Italian food. Stick with the Italian theme and select a nice Barbera. This dry, medium bodied wine will enhance the rich cheesy flavors of the lasagna. A great choice would be Scott Harvey Wines Mountain Selection Barbera from Amador County.
Ingredients for authentic lasagna recipe:
1 medium chopped red onion
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup of dry red wine
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 teaspoons basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon of pepper and sugar
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces of lasagna noodles
1 lb. ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Instructions for authentic Lasagna Recipe:
1. Saute the minced onion until soft.
2. Add hamburger and garlic to the onion. Cook until meat is browned.
3. Add and stir: tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, water, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and sugar.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer slowly for 90 minutes.
5. Cook noodles according to the directions on the box.
6. Lay 1/3 of the noodles in the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish.
7. Cover with 1/3 of the meat mixture.
8. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
9. Repeat 2 more times so that all ingredients are used.
10. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Tip: Double this lasagna recipe and freeze the second batch to serve later.
Easy Beef Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine – Click Here –
Best Tiramisu Recipe
Treat yourself to the best Tiramisu recipe. A classic chocolate Italian dessert that will quickly disappear. This is a no-bake layered dessert that is best when prepared the day before you plan to serve it.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mixture:
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Tawny Port
1/8 teaspoon salt
Instructions for Chocolate Mixture:
1. Heat whipping cream and chocolate chips in a small saucepan until melted. Leave on a lightly warm burner to keep warm.
2. Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, Port, and salt. Cook in the top of a double boiler until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. This will take approximately 18 minutes.
3. Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
Ingredients for the best Tiramisu Recipe:
6 ounces mascarpone cheese
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups warm strong coffee
32 ladyfinger cookies
Instructions for Tiramisu Dessert:
1. In a very large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of the whipping cream. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the remainder of the whipping cream with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Then fold into the mascarpone and chilled chocolate mixtures.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Mix the warm coffee with the remaining sugar until blended. Dip 1 ladyfinger at a time very quickly into the coffee. Do not let the ladyfingers soak in the coffee or they will break.
4. Place the ladyfingers in a single layer on the bottom of a loaf pan (9 1/2 X 5 X 2 3/4 inches).
5. Spread 1/3 of the Tiramisu mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Continue with 2 more layers. Top with a layer of ladyfingers. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Have you ever made this authentic lasagna recipe? If you have, we would love to hear how it went. Please take a moment to leave a comment below.