This baked fillet of sole recipe is so simple to make. Even better, it tastes delicious. Fillets are typically very thin fish so they will cook fast. Dinner will be ready in no time!
Ingredients for Baked Filet of Sole Recipe
1/2 cup Gewurztraminer wine
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup melted butter
2-3 green onions, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 pound sole fillet
1 lemon, sliced
chopped fresh dill
Directions for Baked Filet of Sole Recipe
1. Mix together in a small bowl the wine, olive oil, melted butter, green onions, and garlic.
2. Use a can of olive oil spray to lightly coat a 9×13 backing dish.
3. Salt and pepper both sides of the fillets.
4. Place fillets into the baking dish. Cover with the wine mixture.
5. Top the fillets with the lemon slices.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Time will depend on the thickness of the fillets. It is important to not overcook the fish.
7. Transfer fillets to a serving tray. Sprinkled chopped fresh dill over the fillets and serve.
This dish is perfect with rice and a green salad. Serve with a glass of Gewurtraminer!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this recipe. Add some of your favorite ingredients or whatever you happen to have on hand. Consider capers, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, or olives. Make this dish your own!
My family loves this variation. Sometimes I am in a hurry and looking for ways to speed up dinner. That’s how I came to create this variation that is now a family favorite. Add a layer of asparagus spears coated lightly with olive oil to the baking dish before adding the fillets. When the dish is done, you have your entree and a side dish all in one!
Try Other Seafood Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine
– CLICK HERE –
If you have made this baked fillet of sole recipe, we would love to hear how it turned out. Please scroll down to the comment box below and tell us how it went.