Cheers-2-Wine is pleased to bring you our favorite beef stroganoff recipe. This delicious beef stroganoff makes a delightful meal for four. This is a hearty meal that is a family favorite. Serve with roasted asparagus and garlic bread for a complete meal.
During the summer our “go to” dessert to accompany this dish is Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Easy to make and a treat for all!
Pinot Noir is always a good wine choice to go with a dish rich with mushrooms. Drink the same wine that you use in preparing the stuffed mushrooms to serve with the dish. If you can find it, Zorzal Gran Terroir Pinot Noir from Argentina would be an excellent pairing. Wines from Chiles offer some of the best bargains for Pinot Noir. This delicious wine sells for less than $20.
Another excellent Pinot Noir (and easier to find) is Eyrie Pinot Noir Estate from the Williamette Valley of Oregon. This is an elegant Pinot Noir with marvelous flavors of blackberry and spice that will only make the mushrooms taste even better. I sometimes see this Pinot for sell in the grocery store. I’d suggest your own favorite Pinot Noir…or whatever wine you love to drink!
Ingredients for Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 pound beef sirloin
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Pinot Noir
3 tablespoons cognac
2 tablespoons prepared oyster sauce
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Beef Stroganoff
1. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles, return to a boil, and cook until tender 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pour into a large serving bowl.
2. Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut meat into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and beef into a 12-inch frying pan and cook over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to brown. Pour into another bowl.
4. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Cook onion and garlic and stir for 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and brown 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add wine, cognac, and oyster sauce to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
6. Add cream and return to a simmer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture and stir until it boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
7. Add sour cream and beef and heat for about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Cover with a lid and keep warm on the stove until ready to serve.
8. Pour beef over hot noodles or your favorite rice.
What to Serve With This Delicious Beef Stroganoff
I’d serve this dish with your favorite salad and whatever type of bread you favor. It’s a hearty dish that doesn’t require huge side dishes. Select a dessert that you really savor to end the meal. As a chocolate lover, I’d probably go with something like a Chocolate Mousse Cake or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. However, a nice creme brulee would sounds good, too. Browse this collection of favorite dessert recipes to find something that fits your mood.
Have you tried this Beef Stroganoff Recipe? If so, leave a comment below. We would love to hear what you thought of this recipe. If you have your own favorite stroganoff recipe, please share!