Cheers2Wine is pleased to bring you our favorite beef stroganoff recipe. This delicious beef stroganoff makes a delightful meal for four.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir is always a good wine choice to go with a dish rich with mushrooms. Drink the same wine that you use in preparing the stuffed mushrooms to serve with the dish. One of my favorite Pinot Noirs is Eyrie Pinot Noir Estate from the Williamette Valley of Oregon. This is an elegant Pinot Noir with marvelous flavors of blackberry and spice that will only make the mushrooms taste even better. I’d serve your own favorite Pinot Noir…or whatever wine you love to drink!
Ingredients for Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 pound beef sirloin
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Pinot Noir
3 tablespoons cognac
2 tablespoons prepared oyster sauce
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Beef Stroganoff:
1. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles, return to a boil, and cook until tender 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pour into a large serving bowl.
2. Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut meat into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and beef into a 12-inch frying pan and cook over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to brown. Pour into another bowl.
4. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Cook onion and garlic and stir for 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and brown 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add wine, cognac, and oyster sauce to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
6. Add cream and return to a simmer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture and stir until it boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
7. Add sour cream and beef and heat for about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Pour beef over hot noodles.
What to Serve With This Delicious Beef Stroganoff
I’d serve this dish with your favorite salad and whatever type of bread you favor. It’s a hearty dish that doesn’t require huge side dishes. Select a dessert that you really savor to end the meal. As a chocolate lover, I’d probably go with something like a Chocolate Mousse Cake. However, a nice creme brulee would sounds good, too. Browse this collection of favorite dessert recipes to find something that fits your mood.
Have you tried this Beef Stroganoff Recipe? If so, leave a comment below. We would love to hear what you thought of this recipe.