This is the best beef stew recipe. Have this stew waiting for you in the crock pot when you get home from work! The addition of a cup of Cabernet Sauvignon adds to the flavor of this comfort food. Nothing beats a bowl of hearty stew on a cold winter evening.
You can prepare this stew the evening before and have it simmering in a crock pot while you are at work the next day. You’ll be greeted by a delicious smell as you walk in the door.
Which Wine to Pair With This Best Beef Stew Recipe
: Serve this dish with the same Cabernet Sauvignon you used in the stew. Great Cabernet Sauvignons can be found at a price that fits your budget. Louis Martini makes a well-priced Cabernet Sauvignon that would be perfect in this stew.
Ingredients for the best beef stew:
2 pounds stew meat
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup water
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 medium russet potatoes, cubed
2 handfuls fresh green beans
Instructions for the best beef stew:
1. Saute onions in olive oil in a 6-quart pot over medium heat until soft.
2. Add stew meat, flour, salt, and pepper. Brown the meat on all sides.
3. Add carrots, chicken broth, wine, water, tomatoes, and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
5. Add potatoes. Cover and cook another 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add beans and cook for 5 minutes longer.
This really is the best beef stew recipe. Beef stew with cabernet sauvignon is full of flavor.
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
You will love this chocolate mayonnaise cake. The mayonnaise in this cake creates a deliciously rich moist cake.
This easy to make chocolate cake begins with a chocolate cake mix. The mayonnaise replaces the butter, which results in a wonderful fluffy chocolate bundt cake. Delicious!
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
3. Empty the cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into the bundt pan.
5. Bake for approximately 35 minutes until cake is done.
Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is done.
6. Cool cake. Remove cake from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
Easy Soup Recipes
You’ll love these easy soup recipes. All will work well in your crock pot. They’re especially great in the winter months with a hot bowl of homemade soup really hits the spot. Click on the link above to find more great recipes.
If you try this recipe, please scroll down and make a comment. We would love to hear from you!