Enjoy comfort food at its best. This chicken and rice recipe is a dish that is sure to please. Serve with the chocolate Toblerone Fondue for a dessert that is both delicious and easy.
Wine Pairing: We would recommend a nice Chardonnay to use in this chicken and rice dish. Drink the same Chardonnay as you enjoy the meal. Select your favorite Chardonnay to enhance the flavor of this chicken dish. Some suggestions to consider include Harney Lane, Chardonnay from Lodi, Kunde Estate Chardonnay Sonoma Valley, or Rombauer Chardonnay Carneros. All are outstanding wines!
Ingredients for Chicken:
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 pounds of chicken pieces
chopped Italian parsley
Instructions for chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add butter and oil to a baking pan. Melt butter in the oven.
3. Combine flour, garlic, paprika, and pepper. Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Shake a few pieces at a time in the flour to coat each piece evenly.
4. Add chicken to pan. Bake,uncovered, for about 50 minutes.
5. Lay rice and chicken on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Ingredients for rice:
3 slices bacon, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
Instructions for this rice recipe:
1. Cook bacon in a large frying pan. Add onion and rice. Cook until rice is golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.2. Add chicken broth, wine and water. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed; approximately 20 minutes.
This Toblerone fondue recipe is a real winner. This fondue proves that a recipe does not need to be complicated to taste great. Not only does this fondue taste fantastic, it is also an easy chocolate fondue recipe.
Ingredients for Chocolate Fondue:
400 grams of Toblerone Chocolate Bar
Swiss Milk Chocolate Bar with Honey & Almond Nougat
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1-2 tablespoons of milk (if needed)
1 tablespoon orange liquer (optional)
Instructions for Chocolate Fondue:
1. Cut chocolate bars into small pieces.
2. Melt chocolate and whipping cream in the microwave.
3. If mixture is too thick, add milk until it is the desired thickness. Stir in orange liquer, if desired.
4. Pour into a fondue pot. Surround with items to dip into the fondue. Have wooden skewers or fondue forks on hand.
Possible fondue dippers: kiwi, strawberries, grapes, marshmallows, sponge cake, angel food cake, pretzels, cherries, potato chips, bananas, cookies.
Check Out Other Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine
– CLICK HERE –
If you have tried this chicken and rice recipe, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear how it turned out.