Breast of Chicken a La Champagne
This chicken breast recipe makes an amazing meal. Breast of Chicken a La Champagne is easy and delicious. Serve the chicken with fresh vegetables and rice for a complete meal that is sure to please. It’s even better if followed by Boston Creme Pie for dessert. (Recipe below).
Wine Pairing with this chicken breast recipe: Serve the sparkling wine that you use in preparing this chicken to drink with the meal. I’d suggest a sparkling wine. I made this recipe recently and used Juve Y Camps Rose and it was delightful. The strawberry and floral flavors of this wine will pair well with the chicken breasts and mushrooms. Use your favorite dry or extra dry Sparkling wine.
Ingredients for Breast of Chicken a La Champagne:
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup butter
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1 cup cream
1/4 cup Champagne or Sparkling Wine
Instructions for Chicken a La Champagne:
1. Flatten chicken breasts with a meat cleaver until slightly flattened.
2. Roll the chicken in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper. Shake to remove excess flour.
3. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Cook breasts until lightly browned on both sides.
4. Add mushrooms. Cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Drain liquid from pan. Add cream and simmer on low heat for 10 additional minutes.
6. Remove breasts. Add 1/4 cup Champagne to pan. Bring to a boil. Stir constantly. Continue cooking until sauce becomes thick. Spoon over the chicken and serve.
Find Other Chicken Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine –
Boston Creme Pie Recipe
You will love this Boston Creme Pie Recipe. It has a decadent chocolate frosting. It’s a moist cake. The custard filling is delicious. Despite its name, Boston Creme Pie is actually a cake. It is not a pie. It’s a favorite dessert. It’s the perfect pairing with this chicken breast recipe.
Ingredients for Cake:
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup low fat milk
2 large egg whites
3 tablespoons sugar
Instructions for Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter and flour and 9.5 inch spring foam pan.
3. Beat sugar and butter on medium for about 5 minutes until blended. Add vanilla and egg yolk and mix well.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to butter and flour mixture along with milk.
5. Beat egg whites on high speed until foam. Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold egg whites into the cake mixture. Pour into pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Note: A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into center of cake. Cool cake.
6. Remove cake from pan and slice in half horizontally with a sharp knife. Lay one half on a plate with the cut size facing up.
Ingredients for Custard:
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup lowfat milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 vanilla bean, split
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Instructions for Custard:
1. In a saucepan mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and milk. Stir. Add the eggs, whipping cream, and salt. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into this mixture.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 2 minutes. Be sure to continue stirring. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the butter. Let cool.
3. Spread the custard over the top of the bottom half of the cake. Top the custard with the top half of the cake. The cut side should be facing down.
Ingredients for Chocolate Glaze:
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
3 1/2 tablespoons water
2 1/2 tablespoons Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
Instructions for Glaze:
1. Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl. Cook until almost melted. This will be approximately 1 minute. Stir.
2. Pour glaze over the top of the cake. Spread it all the way to the edge. Let some of the glaze drip down over the side of the cake. Chill until served.
Have you tried this Chicken Breast Recipe? If so, please scroll down and leave a comment below.