Cheers2Wine is pleased to share with you the best chicken cacciatore recipe. This is a hearty dish with two different types of mushrooms. It’s simmered in a rich tomato sauce. Serve with chocolate chip cheesecake for a delightful dinner (recipe below).
Ingredients for chicken cacciatore recipe:
3 1/2 pound chicken
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 ounces portobello mushroom caps
2 cloves garlic
10 ounces button mushrooms
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teasponn hot red pepper flakes
3 bay leaves
Instructions for chicken cacciatore:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken, cut into pieces, and dry with paper towels.
3. Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken.
4. Remove chicken and saute portobellos and onions until softened and golden brown. Then add garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add button mushrooms, wine, stock, diced tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, bay leaves, and salt. Bring to a boil.
6. Transfer mushroom mixture into a baking dish. Lay chicken among the mushrooms.
7. Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes in the oven. Remove bay leaves and serve.
If you have made this chicken cacciatore recipe, please let us know how it was. There’s a comment box below. We would love to hear how it was.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
This chocolate chip cheesecake recipe is rich and delicious. A New York style cheesecake that is a real crowd pleaser.
This dessert is perfect for special events or an everyday treat. Garnish as desired for an elegant presentation.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup melted butter
24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cocoa.
3. Press this mixture firmly onto the sides and bottom of a 9 inch springfoam pan.
4. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chips. Pour cheese mixture into the crust. Top with 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off Leave the cake in the oven to cool off gradually for another 90 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove outer ring of the pan before serving.
This cheesecake will delight cheesecake lovers with it’s rich, creamy texture. I usually serve 8 people with this dessert. It will be the perfect dessert to serve with this chicken cacciatore recipe.
Check Out Easy Soup Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine
– CLICK HERE –