This Chicken Marsala recipe creates a delicious chicken meal that is sure to be a favorite. Simmered in a Marsala wine sauce rich with mushrooms, this is a delightful dish. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
Wine Pairing for this Chicken Marsala recipe: A California Pinot Noir would be the perfect pairing for Chicken Marsala. Cambria Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir would be a terrific choice. This is a dry, silky Pinot Noir with flavors of black cherry and raspberries and hints of cinnamon and vanilla. The velvety texture is a delight. Other Pinot Noirs to consider that would also be great include Giant Steps Sexton Vineyard Pinot Noir from Yarra Valley, Australia and Lincourt Lindsay’s Pinot Noir from California’s Central Coast.
Ingredients for chicken marsala:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
3 slices chopped bacon
8 ounces mushrooms
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup Swansons chicken broth
2 T butter
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 clove minced garlic
Fresh sliced or shaved mozzarella cheese
Instructions for chicken marsala:
1. Flatten chicken breasts by covering with plastic wrap and pounding with a meat mallet until they are only about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Put 1/2 cup of flour in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until the oil is hot.
4. Coat both sides of the chicken pieces with flour, shaking the excess off into the bowl.
5. Fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Lower the heat to medium, fry bacon pieces in frying pan for a few minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and minced garlic and saute for approximately 5 minutes until brown and moisture has evaporated.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add Marsala to the pan and cook for 30-60 seconds to cook out the alcohol.
10. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 1 minute.
11. Add the butter. Place chicken back into the pan.
12. Simmer mixture to heat the chicken.
13. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chopped parsley.
14. Serve with fresh sliced or shaved mozzarella cheese.
Have you made this chicken marsala recipe? If you do, please let us know how it turned out. There’s a comment box below.