This chicken piccata recipe is a favorite Italian dish. It creates an elegant menu that is simple to make. Serve with fresh grilled vegetables, garlic bread, and mashed potatoes for a flavorful meal.
Wine Pairing: You definitely want a dry white wine to complement the dry flavors of the meal. An exquisite pairing would the Dry Creek Vineyards Taylor’s Vineyard Musque. This single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc is a beautifully dry wine with complex tropical fruit flavors. Another great choice would be Astrolabe Province Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand. This is a medium-bodied wine with white peach, gooseberry and citrus flavors.
Ingredients for Chicken Piccata Recipe:
1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
1 Tablespoon capers
Instructions for Chicken Piccata: Recipe
1. Saute the minced garlic in oil in frying pan.
2. Mix together: flour, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Coat chicken breast pieces with the flour mixture.
4. Add the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over.
5. Add butter, wine, lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. Simmer until chicken is not pink inside and the sauce has thickened. (approximately 5 minutes).
6. Pour sauce over the chicken to serve.
7. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Have you tried this Chicken Piccata Recipe? If you have, please scroll down and tell us about your experience. We would love to hear all about it.
Best Tiramisu Recipe
After this delightful meal, treat yourself to the best Tiramisu This classic Italian dessert will quickly disappear. This recipe requires no baking and is best when prepared the day before you serve it.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mixture:
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Tawny Port
1/8 teaspoon salt
Instructions for Chocolate Mixture:
1. Heat whipping cream and chocolate chips in a small saucepan until melted. Leave on a lightly warm burner to keep warm.
2. Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, Port, and salt. Cook in the top of a double boiler until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. This will take approximately 18 minutes.
3. Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
Ingredients for the best Tiramisu Recipe:
6 ounces mascarpone cheese
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups warm strong coffee
32 ladyfinger cookies
Instructions for Tiramisu Dessert:
1. In a very large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of the whipping cream. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the remainder of the whipping cream with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Then fold into the mascarpone and chilled chocolate mixtures.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Mix the warm coffee with the remaining sugar until blended. Dip 1 ladyfinger at a time very quickly into the coffee. Do not let the ladyfingers soak in the coffee or they will break.
4. Place the ladyfingers in a single layer on the bottom of a loaf pan (9 1/2 X 5 X 2 3/4 inches).
5. Spread 1/3 of the Tiramisu mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Continue with 2 more layers. Top with a layer of ladyfingers. Refrigerate overnight before serving.