Cheers2Wine is pleased to share this Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe. Comfort food at its best!
Serve with a green salad and garlic bread for a delightful meal you’ll want to serve over and over again. Try Hershey Bar Pie for dessert.
Wine Pairing: Sangiovese would be the perfect wine to pair with this pasta dish. Consider Di Majo Norante Sangiovese. We love the lush, juicy fruit flavors of this reasonably priced wine from Southern Italy. It is a full bodied Italian wine that will pair well with the hearty sauce of this chicken spaghetti dish.
Other wine suggestions: Sangiovese “Amorous” from Macchia Wines in Lodi and Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia Sangiovese from Tuscany, Italy would both be excellent wine choices for this meal.
Learn About Pairing Food and Wine – CLICK HERE –
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Spaghetti:
1 medium chopped red onion
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 oz. mushrooms
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup of dry red wine
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 teaspoons basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
12 oz spaghetti; cooked and drained
Instructions for Chicken Spaghetti:
1. Boil chicken. Cut off chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. In a large frying pan saute garlic and onion in small amount of olive oil until soft.
3. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, wine, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, sugar, and mushrooms. Simmer slowly for 1 hour.
4. Add chicken. Simmer for another 45 minutes.
5. Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package Pour sauce over the cooked spaghetti and serve. Mix well.
For Dessert: Hershey Bar Pie
You will love this creamy pie. Hershey Bar Pie is a delicious pie that is quick and easy to make. There’s no baking! All of the cooking is done on the stove top.
A friend gave me this recipe some time ago. I have since seen the recipe in a cookbook called Hershey’s Recipe Collection where it is called “Creamy Milk Chocolate Pudding Pie”.
2/3 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
5 HERSHEY’S milk chocolate bars (1.55 oz. ea.), broken into pieces
1 package chocolate crumb crust (6 oz.)
cool whip, 12 oz.
1. Stir together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan.
2. Combine milk and egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
3. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
5. Boil for 1 minute while stirring.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
7. Add chocolate bar pieces. Stir until melted and blended.
8. Pour into chocolate crust. Cover with plastic wrap.
9. Chill in a refrigerator until chilled. Usually 2-3 hours.
10. Garnish with cool whip.
This recipe makes 6-8 servings and will be the perfect dessert to serve with this easy chicken spaghetti recipe.
Have you made this easy chicken spaghetti recipe? If you have, please let us know what you thought. Leave a comment below.