You will want to make this easy manicotti recipe over and over again. This stuffed manicotti is a wonderful pasta dish. Serve with garlic bread and a tossed green salad for a delightful meal. End the meal with a delicious chocolate eclair cake!
Wine Pairing: I’d recommend a nice Zinfandel to drink with this easy manicotti recipe. Zinfandel is a rich and full bodied wine that can stand up to the hearty flavors of this pasta dish. Consider Macchia Wines Zinfandel “Mischievous” from Lodi, D’Art Zinfandel from Lodi, or Seghesio Sonoma Zinfandel. All of these wines would pair well with this dish.
Ingredients for Stuffing:
1 cup cooked spinach, drained and chopped
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tablespoon chopped basil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 package manicotti
Instructions for Stuffing:
1. Mix all of the ingredients except the manicotti in a medium bowl. Stuff the uncooked manicotti with this mixture.
2. Lay stuffed manicotti in buttered baking dish. Cover with the manicotti sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce:
1 pound lean hamburger
1/2 pound pork sausage
1 medium chopped onion
1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms (not drained)
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
1/2 cup Zinfandel
1 30-ounce can solid pack tomatoes
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
Instructions for Sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown meat.
3. Add onion, seasonings, and Zinfandel.
4. Simmer on low for 1 hour.
5. Cover manicotti with sauce and top with Parmesan Cheese.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Chocolate Eclair Cake for Dessert
Tasty tiramisu dessert in glass, close-up, on wooden background[/caption]Chocolate Eclair Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. A great dessert to serve with this easy manicotti recipe. This chocolate eclair dessert recipe is chocolate pudding layered with graham crackers and topped with whipping cream. This chocolate dessert is not actually a cake at all. Yummy!
Ingredients for Chocolate Eclair Cake:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups milk
23 graham crackers
1 8 ounce container Cool Whip
Directions for cake:
1. Stir dry ingredients together in a medium pan. Mix in the eggs. Stir in the milk gradually.
2. Cook over medium heat until thick. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Cool to room temperature. Add vanilla.
4. Coat a 9 x 13 inch dish with nonstick spray. Break five whole graham crackers in half. Line the bottom of the pan with three half crackers and six whole crackers.
5. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the crackers. Repeat with the remaining crackers and then the remaining chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Spread cool whip on the top. Garnish with cocoa or shaved chocolate curls, if desired.
Variation: Use individual dessert dishes topped with cool whip. Garnish with chocolate curls and a cherry for a more elegant version of this dish.
Have you tried this easy manicotti recipe? If yes, please let us know how it turned out. We would love to hear about your experience.