Delicious Baked Trout Recipe
Learn how to cook trout with this easy baked trout recipe. A delicious and simple way to prepare fish. If you are searching for a healthy yet tasty recipe, this is it! And the most important thing….this is a simple recipe that is quick and easy.
Wine Pairing: Drink the same Chardonnay that you use to prepare this fish recipe. Some of our favorite Chardonnays include Rombauer, Edna Valley, Kendall Jackson, Jessie’s Grove. The citrus flavors of Chardonnay pairs well with fish.
Ingredients for this Baked Trout Recipe:
4-6 trout (about 1/2 pound each)
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup Chardonnay
2 Tablespoons Italian parsley
2 Tablespoons green onions
2 Tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
4 Tablespoons melted butter
1. Wash and dry the trout with paper towels.
2. Lay the garlic in the bottom of a baking dish that is large enough to hold the trout in a single layer.
3. Lay trout in the dish and pour the wine over the fish.
4. Sprinkle parsley, green onions, and bread crumbs on top.
5. Spoon butter evenly over the fish.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Better Than Sex Cake
This Better Than Sex Cake recipe came my way years ago from my mother-in-law who got it from a friend. It is the best chocolate recipe and also the easiest!
I’ve seen a number of variations of this recipe. Recently I saw a similar adaptation on the back of a cake mix, called “Better Than Anything Cake”.
I’ve made my own changes over the years and this cake is truly a family favorite. (Feel free to change the name of this cake to fit the situation!)
1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
1 cake lowfat Eagle Brand milk
1 jar of Caramel Fudge Ice Cream Topping
(You can substitute any caramel or butterscotch topping.)
1 carton lowfat Cool Whip
3 Heath or Skor candy bars, chilled
1. Bake the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
2. While still warm, poke holes in the top of the cake with a the ends of a wooden spoon. Pour the milk over the cake. Spread the topping over the cake. Chill.
3. Spread Cool Whip over the cooled cake.
4. Use a hammer to break the candy bars into small pieces. Sprinkle the pieces evenly over the Cool Whip. Chill until served.