This recipe creates a fabulous linguini with clam sauce. Serve with warm sour dough bread, a fresh green salad, and a glass of Sauviginon Blanc for a simple and deliciously hearty meal. A comfort food that is also perfect for entertaining!
Wine Pairing: Your favorite Sauvignon Blanc would be the perfect wine to use in preparing this meal and drinking along with the dish. A delightful choice would be Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. Year after year this New Zealand winery produces a wonderful Sauvignon Blanc. We keep a bottle or two on hand for unexpected guests who always enjoy this lovely wine.
Other great choices would include Tokara Elgin Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa or Chateau St. Jean Fume Blanc from Sonoma County, California (a best buy!).
Ingredients for linguini with clam sauce:
3 cloves crushed garlic
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc
3/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 cup minced clams with liquid (or 4 cans of clams with liquid)
1/4 teaspoon oregano
8 ounces linguini
12 hard shell clams
Grated Romano cheese
Instructions for linguini with clam sauce:
1. Saute garlic in olive oil until golden.
2. Add 1 tablespoon flour and stir until smooth.
3. Gradually add Sauvignon Blanc, parsley, claims with their liquid, and oregano.
4. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve sauce over linguini and top with steamed hard shell clams and freshly grated Romano cheese.
These elegant cupcakes are a step up from the cupcakes you enjoyed as a child. They taste delightful with your favorite chocolate syrup drizzled over the top.
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
12-16 Vanilla Wafers
1 can cherry pie filling
12-16 cupcake liners
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay a wafer in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
3. Add cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs to a large bowl. Beat until smooth after adding each item.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture over the vanilla wafers.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool.
6. Add cherry pie filling to the top of each cupcake. Drizzle your favorite chocolate syrup over the cherries.
Makes between 12-16 cupcakes.
We would love to help you plan a
California Wine Tour
>Browse through our informational site to learn about wineries, restaurants, and places to stay. We have the info on fun things to do in the Wine Country.
Have you made this Linguini With Clam Sauce Recipe? If so, please tell us how the linguini turned out. Leave a comment below.