Cheers2Wine is pleased to bring you the best minestrone recipe. The sausage and Zinfandel in the soup adds to the intensely rich flavors of this delicious minestrone soup. This is a frequently requested recipe!
Serve the same Zinfandel with this minestrone that you used in the soup.
Consider a zinfandel from Renwood, Rosenblum, or Macchia Winery. These generously flavored bold Zinfandels are characterizedd with ripe fruit, toasted oak, and spice. They should go well with this spicy soup.
Ingredients for minestrone:
1 pound hot Italian sausage
1 pound mild Italian sausage
1 chopped onion
3 carrots, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 quarts chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon dried basil
¼ cup Zinfandel
2 cups large shell-shaped pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fresh grated or shaved parmesan cheese
Instructions for minestrone recipe:
1. Squeeze sausages from casings into a large pan. Cook until brown and crumbly, approximately 10 minutes. Discard fat.
2. Add carrots, onion, zucchini, and garlic. Cook for about 6 minutes until onions are soft.
3. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, basil, and Zinfandel. Bring to a boil.
4. Add pasta. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes until pasta is tender.
5. Add salt and pepper. Serve into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe
This is the best red velvet cake recipe. It’s much easier to make than the original red velvet cake and it looks and tastes fabulous. No one will believe it begins with a cake mix.
Ingredients for Red Velvet Cake Recipe:
1 package fudge marble cake mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 ounce red food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions for Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
1. Stir the baking soda and cake mix together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Beat until blended 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour half of the mixture into each of the cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes until done. Cool before frosting.
Ingredients for Frosting for the Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe:
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup lowfat milk
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Instructions for Frosting:
1. Blend flour and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
2. Blend butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and milk mixture. Beat for approximately 10 minutes until frosting is thick and fluffy.
3. Remove one of the cake layers from its pan. Place onto a cake plate. Frost the top of this bottom layer. Carefully lay the other cake layer over the bottom. Frost sides and top of the cake.
Have you made this minestrone recipe? If you have, please leave a message below tell about the minestrone you made.