This pork chop recipe makes delicious pork chops ideal for entertaining company. This is a family favorite that serves four people. These pork chops really are the ultimate! Serve with this rich chocolate pudding for a meal that provides the best in “comfort food”.
Wine Pairing for this Pork Chop recipe:
I’d recommend a nice Chardonnay, such as Bernardus Chardonnay. Experience delightful aromas of ripe tropical fruits with hints of creme brulee with this Bernardus Chardonnay. Savor rich flavors of green apple, pear, and exotic fruits that linger in a rich, creamy finish. This is a crisp Chardonnay with just a hint of toasted oak.
Experience delightful aromas of ripe tropical fruits with hints of creme brulee with this Bernardus Chardonnay. Savor rich flavors of green apple, pear, and exotic fruits that linger in a rich, creamy finish. This is a crisp Chardonnay with just a hint of toasted oak.
Ingredients for these pork chops:
4 center-cut loin pork chops (approx. 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. total)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions sliced
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Instructions for these pork chops:
1. Saute pork chops in skillet with olive oil until browned on both sides. This will take about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer pork chops to another dish.
2. Saute onions in skillet until soft and browned. This will take about 10 minutes.
3. Add flour to the onions. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, wine, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Return pork chops to pan. Spoon sauce over the chops. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook until meat is done. This will take 60 to 90 minutes. If the sauce dries out, add more chicken stock.
5. Remove bay leaf. Add vinegar. Stir and serve.
Check Out More Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine – CLICK HERE –
Rich Chocolate Pudding
This rich chocolate pudding recipe is a family favorite that I learned from my mother years ago. I can still remember waiting eagerly for her to finish pouring the pudding into desert bowls so I could “clean out” the pan. It’s absolutely delicious.
Ingredients for chocolate pudding:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups milk
Directions for chocolate pudding:
1. Stir dry ingredients together in a medium pan. Mix in the eggs. Stir in the milk gradually.
2. Cook over medium heat until thick. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Cool to room temperature. Add vanilla.
3. Store in the refrigerator before serving.
If you have tried this PorK Chop Recipe, please tell us how the pork chops turned out. Leave a comment below.