Chicken with Wine & Caper SauceLooking for a great recipe for chicken breast for family meals or entertaining This is a fantastic chicken dish rich with the delicious flavors of the wine and caper sauce.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio (also called Pinot Gris) would be a wonderful wine to serve with this meal. This Italian wine is both fruity and refreshing. It will enhance the unique caper flavors in this recipe in a delightful way. A flavorful wine for a flavorful meal. Recommended Pinot Grigio would include King Estate Acrobat Pinot Gris from Oregon, Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Gris from the Central Coast of California, or Swanson Pinot Grigio from the Napa Valley.
Ingredients for Chicken Recipe:
4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tablespoons butter
4 green onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon dry tarragon
1 Tablespoon chopped capers
4 ounces chicken stock
4 ounces Pinot Grigio wine
2 ounces brandy
6 ounces heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
Instructions for chicken dish:
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Roll the chicken in the flour and saute for 3 minutes on each side.
2. Add the green onions, tarragon, capers and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Pour in the wine, stock, brandy, and cream.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve over pasta or rice and along with your favorite vegetable and bread for a complete meal that is sure to please!
Banana Pudding for Dessert
This rich and creamy dessert is a great way to end any meal!
Ingredients for Banana Pudding:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cups milk
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 stick butter
3-4 bananas, sliced
1 box graham crackers broken into approximately one inch squares.
Instructions for Banana Pudding:
1. Blend the sugar and cornstarch. Slow pour in milk.
2. Pour into a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
3. Add egg yolks and stir well.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Let mixture cool.
5. Alternate pudding, bananas, and graham crackers in a bowl. Begin and end with the pudding. If desired, you can top with cook whip and crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Have you tried this recipe for chicken breast? If so, please tell us how the chicken turned out. Leave a comment below.