This recipe for Chocolate Lava Cake is a decadent chocolate dessert
that chocoholics will love. Serve with your favorite ice vanilla ice cream.
Wine Pairing: Select a Vintage Port to complement the sweetness of this chocolate dessert. St. Amant Vintage Port. St. Amant is a small family owned Lodi winery that specializes in premium red wines. St. Amant is especially know for their Ports. This full-bodied Vintage Port Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas of chocolate, spice, and berries. It has a long, lingering finish. Other Vintage Ports to consider would be the reasonably priced Quinta Do Noval Black, a fruity wine with hints of spice or the ever popular Warre Warrior Port which is also sold at a reasonable price. Warre is one of the oldest port producers in the world and this port has won numerous awards.
Ingredients for chocolate lava cake:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter (plus more for buttering dishes)
1 Tablespoon Cabernet Sauvignon
1 Teaspoons vanilla
1 cups confectioners sugar
1 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions for this cake:
1. Butter 4 6oz. custard cups.
2. In a medium bowl combine the chocolate and the butter. Melt in microwave. 3. Blend in wine, vanilla, and sugar.
4. Whisk eggs and egg yolks and add to the chocolate mixture.
5. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, and ginger
6. Butter the 4 custard dishes and spoon mixture into dishes
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. The sides should be firm but centers soft.
8. Cool slightly for a few minutes.
9. Gently remove cakes from dishes. Set on serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with thin lines of chocolate syrup.
Try Other Dessert Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine – CLICK HERE –
Check out our favorite dessert recipes. Find the best cakes, cookies, pies, and specialty desserts.
Click this link to browse other recipes.
Have you tried this recipe for Chocolate Lava Cake? If you have, please tell us how it turned out. Scroll down to leave a comment below.