If you love shrimp alfredo pasta but don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, this quick and easy recipe is just what you are looking for. A delicious shrimp pasta recipe! Serve with french bread and a fresh green salad for a fast but delicious meal.
Ingredients for Shrimp Alfredo:
1lb medium or large cooked shrimp, deveined, peeled, tails removed
5 large garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
¾ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
8 ounces fettuccini
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup dry white
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
Minced fresh Italian parsley
Instructions for this recipe:
1. Cook the fetticcini according to the directions on the box.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and onions for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add wine and mushrooms. Continue cooking on low for another 5 minutes. Add whipping cream and cornstarch and cook until you have a thick, creamy mixture.
4. Add shrimp and cook just long enough to heat the shrimp, about 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parmesan cheese.Serve over the fettuccini. Garnish with parsley.
Looking for a fabulous dessert to serve with this meal?
Check out this prize winning chocolate pecan pie recipe!
If you love pecans and chocolate, you’ll love this pie topped with whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It is the perfect dessert to serve with this Shrimp Alfredo Pasta.
Ingredients for Chocolate Pecan Pie:
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao liquer
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Prepare your favorite pie crust.
2. Toast pecans in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned.
3. Spread pecans and chocolate chips over the bottom of the pie crust.
4. Stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. A knife inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean. Serve pie warm or at room temperature.
This pie tastes wonderful topped with whipping cream or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.