You will love this spaghetti sauce recipe. It makes the best spaghetti. Sauce slowly simmers to lock in flavors. Serve over your favorite pasta with garlic bread and a green salad. Try tiramisu cupcakes for dessert (recipe below).
Wine Pairing: Drink the same wine that you use in preparing this sauce. Chose an Italian varietal such as a Barbera, Chianti, or Sangiovese. One of my favorites is the delicious Barbera from Villa Toscano. This is a family owned winery located in Amador County. Their Barbera is full-bodied, a dark ruby color and very fruit forward.
Ingredients for spaghetti sauce recipe:
1 medium chopped red onion
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup of dry red wine
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
2 teaspoons basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon of pepper and sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Instructions for sauce:
1. Saute the minced onion until soft.
2. Add hamburger and garlic to the onion. Cook until meat is browned.
3. Add and stir: tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, water, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and sugar.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer slowly for 90 minutes.
Dessert: Tiramisu Cupcakes
If you love tiramisu, you’ll love these delightful tiramisu cupcakes. A special treat that is sure to please! These cupcakes are perfect with this spaghetti sauce.
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoon Kahlua
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
12 ounces cool whip
box of white cake mix
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon instant coffee
milk chocolate bar, at room temperature
16 foil cupcake liners
Instructions for Cupcakes:
1. In a large bowl mix together the mascarpone, Kahlua, vanilla, and condensed milk until well blended. Fold in cool whip. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
2. Prepare cupcakes according to directions on the box. You will need to get whatever ingredients are listed on the box. Use foil cupcake liners for best results.
3. Bring the water to a boil in the microwave. Stir in instant coffee and powdered sugar. Let cool. Use a fork to poke holes on the top of each cupcake. Brush coffee mixture across the top of each cupcake.
4. Cut out a hold down the center of each cupcake. Fill this hole with the mascarpone mixture. The frost the top of each cupcake with the same mixture.
5. Garnish with chocolate curls cut from the chocolate bar with a potato peeler. Or sprinkle the top with cocoa powder.
Get More Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine – Click Here
Soups and Stews
If you have made this spaghetti sauce recipe, leave a comment below. We’d love to hear your opinions.