Serve this ultimate meatloaf recipe with garlic cheese bread, asparagus and a glass of Zinfandel. A truly delicious meatloaf recipe. . . A truly delicious meatloaf recipe. Serve with chocolate toffee bars for dessert!
Wine Pairing: Pair this hearty meatloaf with a glass of Zinfandel This California wine is zesty and full-bodied. It’s perfect to stand up to the bold flavors of this dish. Zinfandels can be found in all price ranges. Click on this link to discover our personal Zinfandel picks.
Ingredients for Ultimate Meatloaf Recipe
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Zinfandel
2 lbs. lean hamburger
4 ounces prosciutto, diced into small pieces
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Meatloaf:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Soak bread crumbs in wine for 5 or so minutes.
3. Reserve 1/2 of the tomato sauce.
4. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a loaf shape. 5. Pour tomato sauce on top and bake in the oven for approximately 90 minutes.
6. Slice and serve. (You’ll agree, this is a delicious meatloaf recipe!)
Chocolate Toffee Bars for Dessert
We are excited to share the recipe for these totally yummy chocolate toffee bars! These bars are easy to make and taste so great. They’ll be the perfect to go with this ultimate meatloaf recipe.
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler on low.
2. Bake the chopped pecans in a 350 degree oven until lightly toasted.
3. In a medium bowl cream the butter. Add sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Blend in flour. Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. It should be lightly browned.
6. Cool for 15 minutes and spread with the melted chocolate chips. Top with pecans. Cut into bars and enjoy!
More Easy Beef Recipes From Cheers-2-Wine
Find recipes for these fabulous beef dishes: Company Pork Chops, Beef Stroganoff, Extraordinary Hamburger Patties, Barbcued Tri Tip, Lasagne, Osso Bucco, Zinfandel Manicotti, and Zinfandel Burgers.
If you have tried either of these recipes, let us know how they turned out. Please leave a comment below.