Try this amazing recipe for veal in white wine sauce. The veal is tender and full of flavor. This is the perfect entree for an elegant occasion. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable for a meal that is sure to impress.
Ingredients for Veal in White Wine Sauce
1 and ½ pound veal, cut into two-inch strips
4 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped carrots
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup celery, chopped
½ cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the same Chardonnay that you used to prepare this dish as the wine you drink with the meal. Chardonnay’s creamy texture will pair will veal. Recommended Chardonnays would include Rombauer Chardonnay from Napa’s Carneros Region with its rich butter flavor.
You also cannot go wrong with the flavorful Calera Chardonnay from the Central Coast. This wine has delightful fruit flavors and a soft, velvety texture. Both are flavorful wines that will add greatly to the meal.
Instructions for Veal in White Wine Sauce:
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high. Saute veal strips in the butter for two minutes. Stir constantly. Transfer veal to a bowl.
2. Use the same skillet to prepare the sauce. Drippings from the veal will add flavor to the sauce. Add 2 more Tablespoons of butter to the same skillet if needed.
3. Add chopped onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add garlic. Saute until lightly browned.
5. Add celery and cook until soft.
6. Add wine. Increase the heat to bring mixture to a boil.
7. Stir constantly for about 8 to 10 minutes until mixture has been reduced by half.
8. Return the veal to the skillet. Add salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Simmer until veal is heated. At this point you can customize by adding other favorite spices.
9. Serve immediately with your favorite pasta, potatoes, or rice.
Have you tried this veal in white wine sauce recipe? If you have, please tell us how the recipe turned out. There’s a comment section below for you to share your thoughts.