This White Chicken Chili Soup Recipe is delicious. In fact, my children call it the “World Champion Chili”. It is amazingly easy to make and great home cooked comfort food. The flavors in this soup are fabulous and everyone loves Chocolate Crinkles.
Your favorite Chardonnay would be a great choice of wine to pair with this soup. This full bodied white wine has flavors of lemon or grapefruit.
If aged in oak barrels, it will have a rich buttery taste. Recommendations include Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay or Martin Ray Russian River Valley Chardonnay.
Ingredients for white chicken chili soup recipe:
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion,diced
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon anise seed
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
3 15 ounce cans cannellini beans
1 cup chicken broth
1 7 ounce can diced green chilis
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup dry white wine
shaved parmesan cheese
Instructions for white chicken chili soup recipe:
1. Rinse chicken pieces and remove skin. Chop into 1 inch size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a large pan….Saute onion olive oil along with the oregano, cumin, anise seed,and red pepper flakes until slightly softened.
3. Add chicken to the pan and saute for another 5-10 minutes.
4. Drain the juice from the cannellini beans. Save 1/2 cup of the liquid from the beans. Add this liquid, beans, chicken broth, green chilis, and whipping cream to the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
5. If desired, top with shaved parmesan and chopped cilantro.
Chocolate Crinkles – My Favorite Cookies!
Chocolate crinkles are the answer to a chocolate lover’s dream. Chocolate cookies with chocolate chips rolled in powdered sugar. Heavenly!
This recipe makes approximately 5 dozen cookies. Freeze them and thaw shortly before eating to keep them fresh. Keep them a secret though, or they will disappear right out of the freezer!
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup Crisco
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Gradually melt chocolate and Crisco in the top of a double boiler. Cool in a large bowl.
2. Beat mixture until well blended. Add vanilla and eggs. Set aside.
3. Use a medium bowl to sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir together.
4. Add flour mixture to the chocolate. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 2 or more hours in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Pour powdered sugar onto a plate. Roll dough into small 1 inch balls. Roll the balls iin the sugar to coat well.
7. Place balls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Leave 2 inches between the cookies as they will spread during baking.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will become firm as they cool.
After a delicious serving of White Chicken Chili Soup, delight in these decadent chocolate cookies!
If you have tried this White Chicken Chili Soup Recipe, let us know how it turned out. Scroll down and leave a comment.
Click Here to Check Out Other Soup Recipes from Cheers-2-Wine
Try our Cabernet Stew, Black Bean Soup, Fishermen’s Cioppino, Fish Soup, French Onion Soup, Lamb Stew, and Zinfandel Minestrone.